What To Expect On Your First Chiropractic Visit
We understand that most people who see us are in pain and maybe a little anxious. Don’t worry. We are very sensitive to your concerns and what to help you get better as gently and as fast as possible.The doctor will take ample time to go over your concerns, answer all of your questions and make the best recommendations to get you better. Treatment will often begin on your first visit.
The first visit will typically last 45-60 minutes and subsequent visits are much shorter, usually 7-10 minutes.
The First Visit Consists of:
- Paperwork – customary intake information.You can save time by downloading our Confidential Intake Form and completing it before you come in.
- Consultation – The Doctor will review your paperwork and discuss your history in detail.
- Physical Exam – The Doctor will then do a detailed chiropractic, orthopedic and neurological exam.
- Diagnosis and Informed Consent – Based on the findings of the consultation and exam, the Doctor will thoroughly discuss your problem and how to safely treat it.
- Customized Treatment Plan – Your care at Sterling Chiropractic and Wellness can be as simple or as in depth as you choose. We include the latest research on Nutrition, Exercise and Stress management. In addition we have carefully chosen the leading edge technologies of Spinal Decompression, Laser and Shockwave Therapy to get you better faster.
- Treatment – Often treatment will begin on your first day. Treatment options will vary based on your unique needs. The focus of chiropractic care is the Adjustment. An Adjustment can be performed in many ways ranging from gentle, traditional hands-on treatment to several other gentle hands or instrument-assisted techniques. The choice is always yours. The Doctor may also recommend other therapies to speed your recovery. The Doctor will then give you “homework” like nutrition or exercises, to help support your healing.
We take joy in your great health.
Call to speak with the Doctor to see if your condition can be benefited by our care.